If you want to use this for your clients (or students), especially if you are just starting out, you’ll probably want to modify the About You, About Me, About Different Astrological Practices, and About Chart Consultations I Do. Because of that, for this article alone I’m offering the following license below. If you want to alter it further, please contact me with the changes.Â Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Basic Introduction to Astrology For Clients
by Â© Abella Jucy Arthur
Astrology (star study) looks at what celestial objects and points (Sun, Moon, Planets, Asteroids, Constellations, Zodiac Signs, etc) are doing and where they are positionedÂ based on the the time of your birth or a specific time of an event (such as a marriage date, question about something, a move, weather conditions), etc.) and how that affects and influences Earth and its inhabitants.
Your complete horoscope / various charts (i.e birth/natal and progressed) contain your personal fingerprints, DNA, blueprint. It is a private and unique documentation of your whole life from beginning to end, before (reincarnation) & beyond!
Often, clients want to know about what’s happening now or in the recent past or future. I do not currentlyÂ predict death, illnesses, or accidents (I may beÂ able to provide a referral on who can) and do not work with matters of the body such as health. My focus is on psychological / personality understanding about yourself and those you care about, your daily activities that better or worsen your emotional-mental life, and opportunities and challenges you have, are, or might face.
You may find a more knowledgeable astrologer; however, I feel my strengths are in delivering accurate, helpful interpretations and solutions that are uplifting, meaningful, accessible, and quick. I love what I do. I LOVE helping you.
About Different Astrological Practices
There are many regional kinds of astrology such as Western, Eastern, Chinese, Mayan, Native-American, Arabic, Celtic, etc.. as well as methods such as Traditional, Modern, Hellenistic, Uranian, and areas of practice such as psychological, locational, geological, and types of charts or rather analytical focus to draw up such as Natal, Synastry, Composite, Solar return (what I currently practice), Horary, Health, and Forensic.
I practice western modern astrology focused on your personality, psychology, transits and how that hinders or helps your life with yourself and those around you. To assist with this focus, I draw up natal (birth AND progressed), synastry, composite, and solar return charts.
Types of Chart Consultations I Currently do
- Natal & Progressed Chart Analysis (Based on your birth & growth): Personality & Psychology
- Personal Transits: Predictions and insight about what was, is, or will be.
- Compatibility (Synastry): What attracts and repels you to a person of interest and vice versa.
- Composite: What is or will be the purpose of your relationship or connection.
- Solar Return (Birthday Reading): What can you expect to happen this year in your life?
The bulk of an astrological session is interpreting your aspects (how celestial objects and points interact with each other) that provide solutions or answer your questions.
As you receive your consultation I may be heard saying any number of these terms.
Basic Astrology Terms
* Transits: How the luminaries and planets are reacting to your natal or progressed luminaries, planets, and points. There are personal and world transits.
* Planet: A celestial object that orbits around the Sun, is of a large enough size, doesn’t have other objects (other than a Moon/Moons) nearby, and is mostly (if not) round. Though this can beÂ debated since Pluto and other ‘planets’ would no longer be classfied as a planet!Â And for simplicity, many astrologers and everyday people will refer to the lights (Sun and Moon) as planets.Â But they are not planets.
* Dwarf Planet:Â A celestial object that orbits around the Sun, a smaller size, has other objects (other than a Moon/Moons) nearby, and is mostly (if not) round. Though this can be debated.
* Asteroid:Â A celestial object that orbits around the Sun, is a smaller size, has other objects (other than a Moon/Moons) nearby, and is often not round.Â Though this can be debated.
* Star: It’s a ball of hydrogen and helium that emanates light and burns energy.
* Zodiac Sign: Any one of the 12 signs of the zodiac (part of the animal belt). See below.
* Sun Sign:Â This is what many people think is theirÂ zodiac sign.Â And it is one of the zodiac signs but to beÂ accurate, your Sun sign is the sign that that was in at the time of your birth.
* Cusp: Is the point between two signs or houses.Â A sign or house cusp is generally 5Â°.Â So if you were born at 25Â° Leo, you would be on the cusp of Virgo as well.
* Degrees:Â There are 30Â° in each sign.Â The zodiac wheel containsÂ 360Â°, a complete circle and almost the same as the number of days in a year. Every Â° means something and it could be viewed as similar to the weather, in that each degree gives us something different — a different feel, vibe, and information on how to ‘dress’.
* Aspects:Â I also like to call these ‘contacts’.Â It’s when one planet contacts the other within a certain number of degrees or ‘orb’. See below what orb means.
* Chart: Your chart includes the zodiac wheel which is a visual representation of your planets, points, etc.Â A symbolic chart of your aspects. Includes degrees and other interesting bits.
* Mercury Rx:Â When communication, thinking, electronics get muddled, confused, in need of repair. Also relates to the past and going over things.Â Any word that starts with ‘re’ will get you in touch with this transit.Â Repair, renew, reduce, recycle, etc..
In astrology, planets, luminaries, and asteroids have metaphysical and psychological properties.
Brief Overview of Signs
* Aries: Fire, Masculine, Cardinal, Leader, Courageous, Bold, On-the-move
* Taurus: Earth, Feminine, Fixed, Determined, Stability, Security
* Gemini: Air, Masculine, Mutable, Follows & Leads, Mental, Chatty
* Cancer: Water, Feminine, Cardinal, Leader, Tribal, Family, Domestic
* Leo: Fire, Masculine, Fixed, Determined, Creative, Protective, Showy
* Virgo: Earth, Feminine, Service Oriented, Analytical, Methodical, Perfecting
* Libra: Air, Masculine, Other Oriented, Just, Fair, Composed, Sweet, Art, High-life
* Scorpio: Water, Feminine, Determined, Intense, Investigative, Private
* Sagittarius: Fire, Masculine, Follows, Expansive, Knowledgeable, Hedonistic
* Capricorn: Earth, Feminine, Leader,Executive, Solid, Material Manifestation
* Aquarius: Air, Masculine, Determined, Quirky,Humanitarian, Open-minded
* Pisces: Water, Feminine, Psychic, compassionate, sensitive, impressionable, accepting
Brief Overview of Luminaries & Planets
* Sun – Self – Masculine, Personality, Interests, Future
* Moon – Heart – Feminine, Emotions, Needs, Mother, Past
* Mercury – Mind – Masculine, Thoughts, Present
* Venus – Relaxation – Love – Feminine, Receptive, Artistry, Sensuality, Luxury
* Mars – Activity – Passion (hate, aggression included), Masculine, Assertive, Sexuality
* Saturn – Tests – Discipline,Feminine, Responsibility, Delays, Fears
* Jupiter – Expansion – Masculine, Luck, Excessive, Optimism
* Uranus – Excitement – Masculine, Shocks, Surprises, Suddenness, Alternative, Wild
* Neptune – Soul – Feminine, Illusions, Magic, Spirituality, Dreams
* Pluto – Depth – Feminine, Power, Destruction, Rebirth, Clearing, Cleaning, Throwing Out
In brief: Houses tell us about how we experience our human and not-so-human condition and what has, is, and might happen to us.
* 1st – Masked self – What you show people you don’t know or don’t feel comfortable around – Present – Physical appearance and expression.
* 2nd – Money – What you value – Resources you have At your disposal – What you earn on your own
* 3rd – Lower mind – Superficial communications – Siblings – Mental play – Short trips – Close yet casual friendships – Personal networks – Before 18 years old school
* 4th – Home – Ancestors – Roots – Upbringing – Other people’s beliefs – Past
* 5th – Creation, Pro-creation, & Recreation – Play – Romance – Children – Upbringing – Dating
* 6th – Duty, Service & Health – How, who, and what you work with – How hard you work – Ease or difficulty in getting work – Health issues & concerns – How, what, and who you heal / help
* 7th – Co-operation & Opposition – Partnerships – Contracts – Intimate relationships and friendships, Open enemies, Competition
* 8th – Business – Inheritance – Your deep psyche – Physical, spiritual, emotional, mental death & rebirth
* 9th – Higher mind – Philosophical & spiritual communications – Foreigners (including strangers & strange places) – Post-secondary education
* 10thÂ – Public self – Career – How you are seen by others or what you are known for by people who don’t know you – Hobbies – Volunteer work – Talents & gifts
* 11thÂ -Friendly self – Community, Public networks, Distant yet integrated friendships. Politics. Popularity.
* 12thÂ -SecretÂ self -Sacrifices, higher states of consciousnesses or subconsciousness, secrets,what areas co-dependence can occur
* Ascendant (ASC) – Rising – Entrance – Waking – Influential care-giver – Physical appearance – Overall health – Conditioning – Upbringing – Mask – Shield or Guard – Defense mechanism – Your own life is most important
* Descendant (DSC)Â – Falling – Departure – Sleeping – Where we let our guard down – Our most intimate self – The lives of others are most important-
* ImumÂ Coelii (IC)Â – Nadir – Bottom of the Sky – Beneath the Earth – Your lowest self – Past – What you inherited from your Father – Youth – Internal – Weaknesses – Roots (family, ancestory, etc)
* Medium Coeli (MC)– Midheaven – Top of the Sky – The Heavens – Above the Earth – Your highest self – Future – Maturity – External – Strengths – Soul (your star, other stars) – What you inherited from your Mother
* Orb – The distance between two signs based on degrees.
* Wide Orb – The distance considered too far apart by most standards but could still make an impact. Generally +9-15Â°
* Tight OrbÂ – The distance is considered very close. 0-3Â°
* Exact Orb – There is no distance between objects. 0Â°
Aspect Types or Contact Types
* Conjunction – very much the same approach with the same goals. Powerful.
* Opposition – extremely different approaches but with the same goals. Asking you to look at the other side. Powerful.
* Square – a lot of tension and challenge
* Sextile – a lot of stimulation and opportunity
* Trine – a lot of harmony and ease
* Semi-Square – off and on tension and challenge
* Semi-Sextile – on and off stimulation and opportunity
* Sesquidrate – tension due to needing help, disability
* Quintile – like a conjunction but with a distinct difference or edge, creative
* Bi-Quintile – on and off Quintile
Incoming search terms: