Home » Life, Life Skills, Audio Recordings » Life Skills: Words of Wisdom #1 – Confirm Assumptions as Fact (Audio Player)
Life Skills: Words of Wisdom #1 – Confirm Assumptions as Fact (Audio Player)
|January 15, 2011||Filled under Life, Life Skills, Audio Recordings|
- Assumptions can cause misunderstandings, hurt, anger, and pain.
- 1. Perceive. 2. Assume, and 3. Validate. Most people forget #3.
- To assume is to think; to ASSume without checking for fact is ignorant.
- An intelligent person assumes.Â A person of intelligence exhibiting humility confirms their assumption as fact.
- A person who is too busy, not present, looking for a short-cut forgets or does away with verifying their assumption as fact.Â That non-action can turn into a grave mistake.
- Check your assumption as fact by going outside of yourself. In this way a respect for others is shown and error is unlikely.
- Assumption is the Conversational Introvert’s companion; Judgment is their Lover.
- 1. Listen (hear out) 2. Acknowledge (appreciate) 3. Question (respect) and 4. solve, TOGETHER.
- Negative arrogance comes from an ego who wants to know but does not.
- Positive arrogance comes from an ego that knows and wants you to know too.
- Confirm your assumptions before believing they are factual.
- Get in the habit of asking a lot of questions. Discovery is the mother of a smooth life.
- If someone looks at you as if you asked a dumb question, look back at them and say, “Will you be laughing if I make a mistake?”
Did you like what you read?
Reply, retweet, like, share, etc…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Want a personal reading, consultation?
Check me out at YOUR Wisdom Guide
Incoming search terms:
- assumptions (17)
- words of wisdom assumptions (2)
- assumptions life skills (1)
- intelligent words of wisdom on assumptions (1)
- skills words of wisdom (1)
- words of wisdom about assuming (1)
- words of wisdome about assumptions (1)