Colour Meanings 101: Colors Change The Way People Perceive You
|November 7, 2010||Filled under Life, Body, Mind|
Colours are an important part of my life and work. A colour can brighten or hide a mood. A colour can tell me that someone is single or seeking out power in their life. A color can create an impression and change impressions. Today I want to share with you how colors can change the way people see you.
SOCIAL COLOUR MEANINGS 101
The following is not an exhaustive list of keywords for how colour affects. This list focuses on how others are perceived while wearing a certain colour and is based on my understanding and experience.
Red â€“ Warm, Extroverted, Powerful, Leadership, Courage, Endurance, Aggressive, Passionate, Ambitious, Sexy, Seductive
Blue â€“ Cool, Introverted, Emotionally Calm, Relaxed, Trustworthy, Sleepy, Passive, Reserved, Conservative
Green â€“ Warm, Extroverted, Mentally calm, Vitality, Growth, Innovation, Mature, Professional, Intellectual
Gold â€“ Warm, Extroverted, Fulfilment, Success, Highest State, Traditional Values, Wealthy, Gaudy, Boisterous
Silver â€“ Cool, Introverted, Connected, Mysterious, Sophisticated, Worldly, Refined, Classy, Flashy, Futuristic
Grey — Cool, Neutral, Unassuming, Understated, Plain, Blending In, Uncertain, Lack of Confidence
Yellow â€“ Warm, Extroverted, Mentally Alert, Informative, Happiness, Warmth, Movement, Bright, Child-like, Open
Orange â€“ Warm, Extroverted, Confident, Friendly, Sociable, Extroverted, Fun-loving, Zesty, Easy-going, Confident
Purple â€“ Cool, Introverted, Inspirational, Creative, Open minded, Cool Excitement, Regal, Individual, Distinct
Pink â€“ Cool, Introverted, Seeking Love, Affectionate, Trustworthy (Innocent), Gentle, Kind, Compassionate, Caring, Naive
Brown â€“ Warm, Introverted, Grounded, Secure, Stable, Traditional Values, Steadfast, Boring, Low-key, Reliable, Surety
White â€“ Neutral, Pure, Truth, Fairness, nondescript, Harmless, Positive, Innocent, Removed, Dedicated, Determined
Black â€“ Neutral, Invisible, Powerful, Hidden, Sophisticated, Unapproachable, Executive, Quiet, Reserved, Deep
APPLYING COLOURS TO YOUR LIFE AND CLOTHING
- Using the above list, can you see why a grey suit, black pants or skirt, and a white shirt are some of the top clothing choices for an interview or the corporate workplace? Blue is also a great choice; why is that?
- If someone wanted more love in their life, whether they be single or in a loveless relationship, which colour would bring more love into their life?
- If you just got out of a relationship and wanted to see and be seen having fun with a group of friends, which colour choice would be best?
- If you are presenting information to your workgroup, which colour choice would keep your audience happy and alert to your message?
- When you see a yellow scarf, would it cause a happy or sad moment? What emotions and memories would come about after seeing a pair of pink or brown shoes? Would you feel closer to the person who wore the pink or the brown shoes?
(originally published 2009-03-29 19:13:43 in a newsletter)
Did you like what you read?
Reply, retweet, like, share, etc…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Want a personal reading, consultation?
Check me out at YOUR Wisdom Guide
Incoming search terms:
- colours meaning (5)
- how are colors perceived by people (2)
- why does color affect the way people perceive you (2)
- 101 color change (1)
- color perceived as innocent (1)
- how colors change the way people perceive you (1)
- how to change the way people perceive me (1)
- meanings of colours (1)
- occultist colors (1)
- the colors of your clothes and its perception (1)