Part One: An Introduction to the 7th House, Seventh House Astrology Series
|March 9, 2011||Filled under Love & Relations, Life Skills, Astrology, 7th, Houses|
About the 7th House.
- Ruled by Venus / Juno
- House Axis: 1 /7Â Polarity: Aries Mars Opposes Libra Venus. The JMAD Swap: Venus Aries / Mars Libra requires awareness, a walk in the other person’s shoes, and togetherness to feel / be whole.
- Everyone has 7th house themes. This is the house of Self through OTHER or when house ownership is taken, it can be viewed as house of Other through SELF .
- Seventh House: You, Other, us. First House: Me, Self, I.Â Not owning house themes: Self through other – Projected – e.g. I learn about me through you.Â You tell me what’s going on.Â My actions are seen through your actions.Â If I do this, you have done this.Â Owning house themes: Other through selfÂ – Reflective – e.g. I learn about you through me. I tell you what’s going on. If you do this, I have done this.
- House Themes: Giving & receiving, projection & ownership of self, self & other development, committed & withdrawn relationships, conflicts & co-operation, contracts & obligations, and finally attraction & retraction.
- 1/7 Axis Themes: Is it you or me? Mirror reflection. Me vs. We / Us ~ Independence vs. Co-dependence /Interdependence ~ Individual vs. Partner ~ Separate vs.Â Together ~
- When it’s inconvenient or doesn’t suit needs of self or other, the 7th house often makes attempts to deny house themes.
7th House Themes
- House of Committed & Withdrawn Relationships: Anyone you intently focus upon and who requires serious and committed attention. Examples:Â Romantic, husband-wife, girlfriend-boyfriend, family, parent-child, best friends, business, employer / employee, client-service provider, doctor-patient, co-workers, declared enemies, competitors, adversaries, and opponents.
- House of ContractsÂ & Obligations: Agreements drawn up with those you have a committed relationship.Â Give & take.Â Just and fair resolutions.
- House of Projection & Ownership: Here’s where whatever you think other is doing or has done, you are also of similar action and temperament for better or worse.Â Recognizing we possess what we get is ownership of house themes. The shadow “projected” side is the “opposition” sign and #1 House of Self. We often project the stuff we don’t like about ourselves onto others.Â On the flip-side, we recognize what do we like and inspire others with
- House of Giving & Getting: Gifts.Â New gifts.Â Re-gifted gifts. Here you will get things from people and give things to people.Â Sometimes the gift is a stinker. Serious giving and taking that’s ultimately transformational and intense (the 8th).
- House of Attraction & Retraction:Â Marriage vs. Divorce.Â Whatever was given can be taken back, just as quickly.Â Example.Â Sun in the 7th gives confidence boosts; however, it can easily deflate other or stop the boosts altogether if the Sun is disrespected or goes unappreciated, reciprocated.Â One positive 7th house action is reciprocation. If you don’t get it, don’t give it.Â And if you give it, make sure you get it.Â Finding a balance between give & take.
- House of Conflict & Co-operation: Getting or obstructing needs being met.Â Negotiating vs. Fighting. Enemies developed through competitive or in-your-face action.
- House of Domination and Submission: Situated between the sextiled and opportunity filled connection of houses 6 (Virgo, submission) and 8 (Scorpio, domination), themes within the 7th can touch upon being used and using. In its ideal — equality.
- House of Self & Other Development:Â Growing of self and other through partnership. Your self-development and other paves the way to the 8th house “ends and starts”, new beginnings.
Planned articles for the Seventh:
- Elaboration of 7th house themes.
- Manifestation of 7th house themes within each sign, planet.
- Misunderstandings from self and other within the 7th house.
- How-to overcome 7th house challenges.
Being Erica, Season 4, Episode 1 – Dr. Who
About mirrors, projections, partnerships, and client-patient relationships
What Other People Say
What’s in your first and 7th house?Â If nothing is in it, what is your Ascendant and 7th house cusp?Â What have you experienced as 7th house themes? Anything else you want to share about the 7th house? 😀
Self-disclosure. Placidus: Leo Sun Conjunct Mars in the 7th.Â My 7th house cusp is Cancer.Â No planets in the first.Â Intercepted AC so I would like to say I have a bit of an Aquarius rising as well – a Double Ascendant (Cap & Aqua), if you will.Â My POF is Aquarius. Koch gives me Aqua on the 2nd.
Did you like what you read?
Reply, retweet, like, share, etc…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Want a personal reading, consultation?
Check me out at YOUR Wisdom Guide
Incoming search terms:
- virgo in 7th house (17)
- 7th house virgo (15)
- astrology (14)
- moon in 7th house natal (13)
- virgo 7th house (4)
- jamaal rashad harmon (3)
- seventh house and contracts (3)
- moon in the 7th house natal (3)
- moon in 7th house mother (3)
- moon in 7th mother (3)