Part One: An Introduction to the 3rd House, Third House Astrology Series
|October 26, 2011||Filled under Astrology, Learning, 3rd, Houses, Mind|
The third house is the house of everyday communication, siblings, close neighbours, co-workers, your immediate environment, short distance travel, short duration education, the lower mind, church, lower truths.
Mercury is related to how one thinks, speaks, communicates, what one likes to talk about, how one learns, short trips, letters, mail, the type of relationship one has with their siblings, co-workers, and how they might approach their career or skills within their career. Mercury naturally rules the 3rd house.
Stuff about the 3rd House.
- Ruled by Mercury (Gemini, co-ruling Virgo).
- House Axis: 3 /9
- Aspect / Planet – Sign: (Gemini / Virgo) Mercury Opposition Jupiter (Sagittarius) The JMAD Swap: Mercury Sagittarius / Jupiter Gemini. Virgo is also ruled by Mercury. Gemini is in Sextile with Leo (the 5th house) and Aries (1st house); therefore, these houses stimulate and piggy-back off of each other. The third house is also in harmony with the 11th (Aquarius) and 7th (Libra).
- Mercury Conjunct Jupiter is very powerful because they are the natural ruling planets of their respective opposite house…
- Everyone has 3rd house themes. This is the house of The Superficial or Lower Mind or when house ownership is taken, it can be viewed as The Mind of Thorough Knowledge & Deep Truths.
- Third House: Lower Mind. Close to self. 9th House: Higher Mind. At a distance.
- House Themes: Everyday communication, siblings, close neighbours, co-workers, your immediate environment, early development, short distance travel, short duration education, the lower mind, church, lower truths.
3rd House Themes
- House of Everyday Communication: The Lower Mind. Lower truths. How you speak, converse, dialogue. What you think about. What makes you curious. How you think. The type of words you use. The speed in which you process information. The type of mind games enjoyed. What you talk about with someone you just met. Current events and what’s in the news. Business memos and letters. Direct marketing. Email, snail mail, voice mail messages and the type you get and send. Secrets. Trade secrets. Rumours. The Post Office. The phone. The Radio. News on the telly. Newspapers. The Dailies. Chats with neighbours, the store clerk, etc. Light-weight conversation. Small talk. Text messaging. Deliver style. Twitter. Instant messaging. Unconscious / automatic / rote thought.
- House of Siblings: Neighbours residing in the same neighbourhood. Sisters and Brothers. Cousins, etc. Co-workers working for the same parent company. How it was to be raised or live with your siblings. How your siblings communicated to or about you.
- House of Travelling Short Distances and Connections: Going to work. Weekend getaways. Short term affairs and connections. The subway. Biking.
- House of Short Term Study and Mind Games: Continuing education. Kindergarten. Daycare. Weekend workshops. Reading books. The type of books you like to read. Recess. The type of mind games you may play. Certifications. Learning facts. Dictionaries. Encyclopedias. How-to’s. Instruction booklets. Repair manuals. Learning how to do simple tasks. Comedy. Bathroom humour.
- House of Church: Sunday School. The bible. Bible study. Door-to-door Mormons and Jehovah’s Witness recruiting.
The outer planets in the third may indicate early contact with transpersonal thought, ideas and messages. This may have been confusing for the child, but may eventually lead to an ability to communicate archetypal concepts through writing, speaking and acting as well as through the arts. Both Al Gore and George W. Bush have Neptune in the third.Neptune can equate to a tendency to inflate and glamorize ones ideas and ideals â€“ a polite was of saying: a prevaricator. ~ Eleanor Buckwalter
Many astrologers have Pluto in the third house.
Notable People with Third House energy
I succeeded by saying what everyone
else is thinking. -Joan Rivers
I’m being honest, I say what I think.
– Boy George
Talk To Me
Sun, Mercury Conjunct Uranus Gemini in the 3rd house
Planned articles for the Third:
- Elaboration of 3rd house themes.
- Manifestation of 3rd house themes within each sign, planet.
- Misunderstandings from self and other within the 3rd house.
- How-to overcome 3rd house challenges.
Sun, Mercury, Uranus, Neptune, Black Moon Lilith in Sagittarius 3rd house
Pluto in Cancer in the 3rd house
“One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
What others say about this house
Dana Gerdhardt | Astrology.com | Bob Marks | About.com | Astrologically Speaking | Terry Nazon | Astrology In-Depth | Vedic | Astrology Club
What’s in your 3rd house? If nothing is in it, what is in your 3rd house cusp? What have you experienced as 3rd house themes? Anything else you want to share about the 3rd house?
I have Aries on the 3rd house cusp. Mars is the ruler of the house. I’m an autodidact (self-learner). I learn quickly. I speed-read. Maybe I miss the details sometimes when I’m reading. I tend to be an aggressive communicator; however, I’m working on Venus soothing up my communications with others. I take the lead. If there’s an uncomfortable pause, I’ll fill in the space. I like to write quickly. One reason why I like Twitter dumps…
Note to self: First began this series on Apr 11, 2011 @ 0:37
Did you like what you read?
Reply, retweet, like, share, etc…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Want a personal reading, consultation?
Check me out at YOUR Wisdom Guide
Incoming search terms:
- 3rd house astrology depth (43)
- 3rd house astrology (22)
- third house astrology (16)
- 3rd house astrology in depth (14)
- lilith in 3rd house (8)
- libra house cusp with neptune sibling boundary issues (7)
- virgo 3rd house (6)
- 3rd house virgo (4)
- lilith in 3rd house synastry (4)
- 3rd house in astrology (4)