Life Skills: Life Coaching – Setting Goals
|January 12, 2011||Filled under Life, Life Skills, Learning, Life Coaching|
In my customized psychic life coaching sessions in addition to my clients finding solutions for themselves, I also find many solutions for clients too. Recently I was asked: How do you set goals? And the following became their homework:
A. Set a goal that helps you with X as it regards to “x”.
X is the Big Mamba. That big scary thing that you have been avoiding getting done.
x is the Little Mamba. Very specific, controllable, S.M.A.R.T. Part 1
B. Goals need to be S.M.A.R.T. Part 2
Drill x down further to find your S.M.A.R.T. Part 2
1. Specific, Simple
2. Measurable, Manageable
3. Achievable, Action-oriented
4. Realistic, Results-oriented
5. Time-specific, Trackable (set a deadline)
C. How to set and achieve goals:
1. Be S.M.A.R.T.
2. Identify, specifically, what you want to accomplish. What do you want to accomplish?
3. What obstacles might you face? How will you overcome them? What are the different pieces or steps? Prioritize and organize pieces or steps.
4. What do you want the outcome to look like?
5. What information and/or resources might you need to reach your goal? What kind of help might you need? Do you need to learn something new to be able to meet your goal? Will you require the help or knowledge of others?
6. Set a deadline. When do you want to accomplish your goal?
7. Be S.M.A.R.T.
I’m here for you
Some find working with others forces them to do necessary self-work when there is a sea of other things to do. If that’s your situation, I’m your gal, Call Me! Others haven’t spent enough time on themselves and need to learn how. If that’s your situation, I’m your gal, Call Me! Still Others enjoy working with a study buddy, coach to help them reach the next level after they have been on a plateau. If that’s your situation, I’m your gal, Call Me! Finally, if you find me or what I do intriguing and believe I can help you in some way, shape, or form I’m your gal – Call Me!
Did you like what you read?
Reply, retweet, like, share, etc…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Want a personal reading, consultation?
Check me out at YOUR Wisdom Guide